Saturday, August 15, 2015

Apocalypse now

Some days all the mild mannered pretty advice for spoonie survival is just useless. In fact, it pisses me off.

How nice for you that you have a little tray for your meds? Mine went missing a week ago under the bed and I'm too weak to lift it up and dig the damn thing out. Plan B?

This is my room right now.





At last count I showered one weekand two days ago. I brushed my hair twice in that time. My laundry has been left unwashed for a full 40 days ( a feat achieved by rotating my clothes and wearing them at least 4 times, and washing my underwear in the bathroom sink - every second day).

I eat once a day for about 70% of the month. I leave the house twice a week at best if I get the choice.

So if you feel like you are maybe a bloody mess, it's OK. You're not alone. And you can survive.

So today, apart from making you feel less alone, I'm going to teach you disaster management for Spoonies.

When surviving spoon burnout you need to focus on loadshedding and triage. Prioritise what you really need, shed the other stuff.

Secret 1: Being clean is actually not a priority during a spoon burnout.

Your priorities are:

Level 1: Eat, Meds, Sleep.
Level 2: Get food, meds and money
Level 3: Change your clothes and deoderise
Level 4: Clean your dishes before you run out.
Level 5: Take a bath before you see people who could cause crap for you if they found out you weren't coping.
Level 6: Rest and Recover from your injuries/exhaustion
Level 7: Stop going places and dong things until you are bored of being home alone. Rather sleep, play games, and once bored, go to a park but only with those who don't care if you do so looking like a hobo.
Level8: Don't miss your medical appointments.
Level9: Do crazy stuff to solve problems. If it works, it's not stupid.
Level10: Start thinking about cleaning your house.

If it's not killing you, it's not actually a disaster. It's just a mess.

:)

Whizper




No comments:

Post a Comment